Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's All About Perceptions--- SURVEYS

Student Survey Window will open October 15,2013
Remember only Standards 3,4,7,8 are on the Student Surveys.
These surveys can be given more than once and must be addressed on the next formative , if given.
Here are the student survey question:

Grades 3-5 Surveys of Instructional Practice
Grades 3-5 Standard 3: Instructional Strategies
1.               My teacher wants me to ask questions about what we are learning.
2.               My teacher gives us different kinds of activities to make class more interesting.
3.               If I don’t understand something, my teacher explains it in a different way.
4.               My teacher helps me understand what I still need to work on at school.
5.               My teacher shows me how I can use what I learn at home and in the community.
Grades 3-5 Standard 4: Differentiated Instruction
6.               The work my teacher gives me is at the right level for me.
7.               My teacher understands where I need to improve.
8.               My teacher has me work in class with different groups of students.
9.               My teacher gives students as much individual help as they need.
10.             My teacher wants us to share our own ideas in class.
Grades 3-5 Standard 7: Positive Learning Environment
11.             My teacher cares about my learning.
12.             My teacher is good at getting students to behave well in class.
13.             My teacher explains the instructions if I don't understand them.
14.             I feel comfortable asking my teacher questions.
15.             My teacher treats all students with respect.
Grades 3-5 Standard 8: Academically Challenging Environment
16.             The work I am assigned in this class challenges me.
17.             My teacher encourages me to do the work even when it is hard for me.
18.             My teacher doesn’t let me give up when the work gets hard.
19.             My teacher says it is OK for me to make mistakes, as long as I try my best.
20.             My teacher wants me to try new things, even if they are hard for me.
Grades 6-8 Surveys of Instructional Practice
Grades 6-8 Standard 3: Instructional Strategies
1.   My teacher encourages me to participate in class, rather than just sitting and listening.
2.   My teacher encourages me to ask questions in class.
3.   My teacher frequently checks to see if we understand what is being taught.
4.   My teacher takes time each day to summarize what we have learned.
5.   My teacher gives me assignments that require me to connect knowledge from several different sources.
Grades 6-8 Standard 4:Differentiated Instruction
6.   My teacher chooses activities and assignments based on what students need to learn.
7.   My teacher gives students as much individual attention as they need to be successful.
8.   When I don’t understand something, my teacher tries to figure out why I don’t understand it.
9.   The work my teacher gives me is at the right level for me.
10. My teacher allows me to work with different groups of students depending on the activity we are doing.
Grades 6-8 Standard 7: Positive Learning Environment
11.  I feel comfortable asking my teacher questions.
12.  My teacher cares about my learning.
13.  My teacher holds students responsible for their behavior.
14.  My teacher explains the instructions if I don't understand them.
15.  My teacher treats all students with respect.
Grades 6-8 Standard 8: Academically Challenging Environment
16.  The work assigned in this class challenges me.
17.  My teacher expects me to do my best.
18.  When I am confused by something, my teacher will not let me give up until I understand it.
19.   Because of my teacher, I push myself to learn as much as I can.
20.  My teacher encourages me to try new things, even if they are difficult for me.
Grades 9-12 Surveys of Instructional Practice
Grades 9-12 Standard 3: Instructional Strategies
1.  My teacher encourages me to be an active participant in class, rather than just sitting and listening.
2.  My teacher uses a variety of activities and strategies to help me be interested in class.
3.  My teacher frequently checks to see if I understand what is being taught.
4.  My teacher takes time each day to make sure we summarize what we have learned.
5.  My teacher asks me to use what I learn to solve problems or relate to real world topics.
Grades 9-12 Standard 4: Differentiation
6.   My teacher gives students as much individual attention as they need to be successful.
7.   My teacher teaches in different ways to meet the needs of the students.
8.   When I don’t understand something, my teacher tries to figure out why I don’t understand it.
9.    The work my teacher gives me meets my academic needs.
10.  My teacher gives me opportunities to use what I learned in creative ways.
Grades 9-12 Standard 7: Positive Learning Environment
11.   My teacher cares about my learning.
12.    The instructions my teacher gives are clear.
13.     My teacher ensures the rules and procedures are followed in class.
14.     My teachers treat students with respect.
15.      I feel comfortable asking my teacher questions.
Grades 9-12 Standard 8:Academically Challenging Environment
16.     My teacher makes productive use of class time.
17.     The work assigned in class challenges me.
18.     When confused by something, my teacher will not let me give up until I understand it.
19.     Because of my teacher, I push myself to learn as much as I can.
20.     My teacher encourages me to try new things, even when they are difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment